After enjoying the rewards of managing a very successful independent consulting practice, I was confronted with a new challenge of a decline in demand for my services in mid-2010 for the first time in over five years. Over a period of six months I explored dozens of new business and career opportunities from expanding my consulting services to exploring more traditional job opportunities. My experience in the second half of 2010 introduced me to the unfortunate reality that there were very few to no traditional job opportunities for seasoned executives, including professionals like myself with a strong background in traditionally recession-proof high tech industries. I also learned that it was becoming increasingly difficult to engage new clients for my consulting and business coaching services. During this period, my perspective on the economic situation and business climate shifted to not anticipate dramatic changes for the indefinite future – especially for seasoned executives in their 50’s and older.
I received a very timely inquiry from a Personal Business Advisors Senior Advisor during the time that I was exploring new career opportunities. My initial inclination was that Personal Business Advisors was yet one more executive recruiter firm randomly fishing for a potential match of an executive resume with a job opening that had no relevance with my particular experience or career interests. Upon receiving several additional intriguing inquiries from the PBA Advisor, I decided that it would be worth ten minutes of my time to explore if Personal Business Advisors may have some relevant opportunities for me.
After a couple of brief calls, I was fully engaged in a thorough investigation, evaluation, and due diligence on several very exciting business opportunities that passed my initial screening criteria. It was at this point that I recognized that collaborating with my Personal Business Advisors Senior Advisor would be my most productive option to explore potentially exciting and rewarding business options in 2011 and beyond. My own due diligence included reviewing numerous documents and websites, participating in dozens of telephone interviews, and rating and ranking each opportunity based on the 14 key evaluation criteria that I had established, including:
- Opportunity to provide me with greater control over my own professional destiny
- Opportunity that would permit me to continue to work in a virtual versus traditional brick-and-mortar office environment, thus avoiding unproductive commute time and unnecessary distractions in an office
- Opportunity that would permit me to establish my own priorities for my work / life balance
- Opportunity where I could potentially receive tremendous satisfaction from making a positive difference in other people’s lives
After several months of exploring my leading career opportunities, I decided to attend the no cost 3-day training session offered by Personal Business Advisors to explore their business model real-time with the company founders. The training session included very comprehensive training sessions on their proven business model and I was able to witness the process in action first-hand with Personal Business Advisors executive candidates during my training. More importantly to me, I was able to get detailed answers to dozens of questions I had regarding the Personal Business Advisors business model, core business processes, and the results the have achieved since 2002. My Q&A sessions also included receiving facts relative to negative information posted on the Internet about Personal Business Advisors that I discovered during my personal due diligence.
At the end of my training session, I eagerly made the decision to acquire a Master Office license with Personal Business Advisors. I was not only satisfied with the quality of the training I received and the candid responses to my questions – I could not wait to return to my office as a new Senior Advisor and begin contacting candidates on the next business day.
In my short tenure as a Personal Business Advisors Senior Advisor, I have come to discover that the executives that I am speaking with every day have similar backgrounds and experiences with my own, including:
- Experience working with successful global 2000 corporations
- Experience launching and supporting successful (and often times unsuccessful with an invaluable set of lessons learned) innovative start-up firms
- Experience with the stress of laying off tens or hundreds of capable and competent professionals
- Experience with the trauma of personally being laid off from companies
- Experience of felling stuck in position where your contributions are not valued and/or where your skills are not being fully utilized
- Frustration of conducting a job search and experiencing the “black hole” where you receive no feedback on why you are not being contacted and considered for openings
- Lack of knowledge and insight into non-corporate, non-traditional business opportunities
I am extremely proud, confident, and excited about my most recent career decision with Personal Business Advisors and I am looking forward to introducing and empowering executives and senior professionals with new business opportunities for many years ahead.
Personal Business Advisors
Read More Personal Business Advisors Testimonials